Frequently Asked Questions
How Capital Junk Works
HOW DOES OTTAWA JUNK REMOVAL WORK?
HOW SOON CAN I BOOK?
DO I HAVE TO BE at the site when the team arrives ?
SHOULD I PROVIDE YOUR TEAMS WITH A DOLLY?
DO YOU PROVIDE DEMOLITION SERVICES?
Yes we do !!Our staff can come to your location with the proper tools and break down your old shed or playground equipment ever your deck or your hot tub . We would be happy to provide this service at no extra cost. We are a full service Ottawa junk removal business after all! This is what we do!
ARE YOU A FULLY INSURED JUNK REMOVAL BUSINESS?
HOW LARGE ARE YOUR TRUCKS?
Do you donate or Recycle ?
Absalutly !! We have a passion to recycle and to donate as much as possible. 70% of our loads are diverted from Ottawa landfills to recycling facilities and non-profit organizations such as Salvation Army or Habitat for Humanity. Visit our What We Donate page and you’ll be pleased at the lengthy list!
WHY ARE APPOINTMENTS IN TWO-HOUR WINDOWS?
WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT YOUR ARRIVAL?
DO YOU ALSO DELIVER DUMPSTER RENTALS?
Yes we deliver 16 Yard dumpster all over Ottawa , Click here for the Bin Booking and pricing page
WHAT TYPE OF JUNK DO YOU REMOVE?
We will haul any object that can be lifted by two people that is non-hazardous, located in Ottawa and the surrounding areas. Materials and items such as:
• Furniture (Couches, Sofa-Beds, Mattresses, Chairs, Desks, Filing Cabinets, Tables, Wardrobes)
• Appliance Removal (Refrigerators, Freezers, Washer, Dryers, Microwaves, Dishwashers, Dehumidifiers)
• Garden Refuse (Branches, Logs, Grass, Leaves, Soil, Sod, Compost, Turf)
• Construction & Demolition Debris (Plaster, Drywall, Glass, Concrete, Bricks)
• Wood (Fencing, Firewood, Lumber, Plywood, Pallets)
• Roofing / Flooring (Tiles, Asphalt, Carpet, Ceramic & Wood Flooring, Shingles)
• Electronics (Televisions, Computers, Printers, Monitors, Fax Machines, Stereos)
• Household Items (Boxes, Books, Tools, Clothing, Bicycles, Lawn Mowers, Cardboard, Tires)
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPONITMENT WITH CAPITAL JUNK?
How do I book an appointment with Capital Junk?
There are a few ways you can book a junk removal appointment with Capital Junk. The easiest way is through our simple Booking page on our website. Simply enter your postal code, choose a pickup time, and finish your booking. It’s that simple! You can also call us at (613) 825-0707 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pro Tip Use promo code FAQ to save $25.00 on your booking
IS THERE ANYTHING CAPITAL JUNK WON’T REMOVE?
- Medical Waste
- Motor Oil
If you are unsure whether the junk in your home can be safely hauled away, contact us today. We would be happy to help you.
HOW MUCH DOES JUNK REMOVAL COST
The cost is based on volume – the amount of space your materials take up in our 8 x 12 x 6 bin. You only pay for what we take away and the job is quoted up-front upon arrival, before the work begins, with no obligation. We have the best pricing in town and will be very clear about pricing once we’ve seen everything that needs to be removed. Minimum charge starts at $95 and our full bin is $565.
CAN YOU COME GIVE ME A QUOTE?
WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE THE PRICE?
WILL YOU ACCEPT COMPETITORS COUPONS?
Absolutely! Please provide the coupon to our junk removal experts before the work begins.WE WILL ALSO MATCH ANY WRITTEN QUOTE
AM I CHARGED FOR A FULL LOAD IF I CAN’T FILL UP THE TRUCK?
DO YOU OFFER A DISCOUNT FOR SENIORS?
We are happy to offer all seniors (65+) a 10% discount off pickups of 1/4 load or more.
Capital Junk Bin Rentals
WHAT IS A DUMPSTER RENTAL?
Dumpster rental or Bin rental is a type of moveable waste container designed to be brought right to your driveway so you can fill it at your own pace. Once you have filled your dumpster bin, our experts come to haul away your trash.
HOW MUCH DOES A DUMPSTER RENTAL COST?
We charge at a rate of $429per week or $389 for 3 days for dumpster rentals, which includes 1 ton of waste. If you go over the one-ton limit you will be charged at a prorated rate of $115 per ton. For example, if you put 1.5 tons of junk in the bin you will be charged an extra $57.50.
WILL THE BIN DAMAGE MY DRIVEWAY?
We use extreme caution when placing our dumpster bins on your driveway. We always put down wood blocks so that the dumpster rental never touches your actual driveway.
HOW LONG UNTIL MY BIN IS DELIVERED?
We do our absolute best to accommodate all last-minute dumpster rental requests. We can usually get out the same day to drop off or pick up your Bin.
IS CAPITAL JUNK AN INSURED OTTAWA DUMPSTER RENTAL COMPANY?
Capital Junk is fully insured to deliver you bin to your home or business anywhere in the Ottawa area.
WHY DO I NEED RENOVATION CLEANUP? DOESN'T THE RENOVATION COMPANY HANDLE THAT?
IS BREATHING IN DRYWALL DUST DANGEROUS?
WHAT SIZE OF RENOVATION CLEANUP JOBS DO YOU DO?
DO YOU DO CLEANUPS FOR CONTRACTING/RENOVATION COMPANIES?
WHERE DO I START WITH HOARDING CLEANUP?
After you have cleaned a bathroom, the next step is to move on to progressively larger rooms until the home or space is clean and safe to live in. At Capital Junk, we have significant experience cleaning up after even the most extreme hoarding situations and know it is not easy to do alone. Let us do the heavy lifting and help clean out your or your loved one’s home. Our caring and compassionate will help you or your family get on the path to recovery. Call us today.”
WHEN DOES HOARDING BECOME A SAFETY ISSUE?
As items pile up in a house, the hazards of hoarding increase and make living in a hoarder’s home dangerous. Hoarding becomes a safety issue as soon as an unreasonable amount of trash and items build up and make normal movement throughout the house difficult. The hazards of hoarding are:
- Falling. As items, clutter, and garbage pile up, it becomes increasingly likely that someone will fall over it. The clutter itself can also fall on the occupant, causing serious injuries and potentially a loss of independence, especially in older people.
- Fire Hazards.Hoarders often hold on to a large amount of flammable material (boxes, newspapers, flyers, etc). When a fire starts elsewhere in the house, these piles of flammable materials can turn into fire traps. The large amount of clutter also makes it difficult for the occupant to escape in the event of a fire.
- Hazardous living conditions.In a hoarder’s home, proper cleaning and maintenance becomes impossible. Dangerous problems such as mold can spread without the knowledge of the occupant, and the weight of all the clutter can cause dangerous structural damage. /li>
- Infestations.It is common for insects, rats, and other pests to live in and among the clutter in the homes of hoarders. They easily survive off of the rotting food and garbage, and have plenty of hiding spaces. Their urine, fecal matter, dander, fecal matter, and decay can build up and become airborne, making it a serious risk for the occupant.
Protect yourself or your loved ones from the hazards of hoarding. We have experience cleaning even the most extreme hoarding situations and can help. Call us today!
WHAT IS HOARDING DISORDER?
HOW DOES HOARDING BEGIN?
- Difficulty throwing away, recycling, giving away, or selling items.
- Messes and clutter that makes moving around the house difficult
- Difficulty organizing and categorizing possessions
- Sleeping with a mess or items on the bed
- Piles of items which fall over
- Excessive shopping or collecting free unnecessary items.
- Inability to realize the seriousness of the issue
It is important to note that not every person with some symptoms of a hoarding disorder is a hoarder. If you or someone you love is affected by hoarding disorder, contact Capital Junk now. We can help clean even the most extreme hoarding situations. “
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOARDING AND COLLECTING?
One of the major differences between the two is that when collecting is healthy, the display or storage of the items being collected does not impede the use or access to living areas. Collections are organized and coherent. Often people will collect items such as action figures, currency, trading cars, vinyl records, etc. The items they accumulate are directly related to the collection and they are organized and stored in a safe manner. If a collector begins acquiring items which are not related to well-defined collections and lose the ability to keep them contained and organized, it becomes a hoarding problem. Collections are healthy and stimulating ways that people choose as pastimes, connecting them with something they are passionate about. Hoarding is a disorder which has a very strong negative impact on quality of life, often leading to them being cut off from the outside world. If you believe you or someone you love has had a collection turn into hoarding, call Capital Junk today. We can help you clean out the mess and begin the path towards recovery.
Hot Tub Removal
WHAT SIZES OF HOT TUBS DO YOU TAKE?
DOES MY HOT TUB HAVE TO BE DISMANTLED BEFORE CAPITAL JUNK HAULS IT AWAY?
CAN HOT TUB COVERS BE RECYCLED?
HOW MUCH NOTICE DO I HAVE TO GIVE TO GET MY HOT TUB HAULED AWAY?
WILL THE CITY TAKE AWAY MY HOT TUB IF I PUT IT ON THE CURB?
DO I HAVE TO MOVE THE APPLIANCES BEFORE YOU COME GET THEM?
WHAT KINDS OF APPLIANCES DO YOU REMOVE?
- Washing Machines!
- Clothes Dryers!
- Air Conditioners!
- Water Heaters!
- And more!
No matter how few or many appliances you have in your home or business, we can haul them away faster than the competition – and beat their prices.
CAN YOU REMOVE APPLIANCES FROM BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES?
IS YOUR TEAM INSURED TO REMOVE APPLIANCES
I AM UPGRADING ALL THE APPLIANCES IN MY HOME. CAN YOU REMOVE ALL MY OLD APPLIANCES IN ONE VISIT?
WHAT EXACTLY IS E-WASTE?
WHAT ITEMS ARE CONSIDERED E-WASTE IN OTTAWA?
- VCR and DVD players
- Telephones and cellphones
- Copiers, fax machines, scanners
- Cameras, digital cameras
- Amplifiers, stereos, speakers, receivers
- Keyboards and mice
- Hard drives
- Desktop computers and Laptops
An easy way to determine whether or not something is e-waste is to ask yourself “does this have a plug, or rely on batteries to function?”. If the answer is yes, then it is e-waste and must be disposed of accordingly. If you have e-waste you would like removed from your home or business, book an appointment to get it taken away!
WHY SHOULDN’T I PUT MY E-WASTE IN THE NORMAL TRASH?
I HAVE AN ENTIRE OFFICE WORTH OF OLD COMPUTERS AND MONITORS. CAN YOU REMOVE THEM ALL IN ONE DAY?
office worth of e-waste, we’re just a call away.
ARE THERE LAWS AND REGULATIONS REGARDING THE DISPOSAL OF E-WASTE IN CANADA?
- The Federal Government regulates toxic substances, and regulates the movement and transfer of hazardous waste between provinces and countries. They also establish legislation such as the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA 1999).
- Provincial and Territorial Governments also regulate intra-provincial movements of waste and also control & liscense waste generators, carriers, and treatment facilities.
- Municipal Governments are those which have the strongest impact on day-to-day collection and disposal of e-waste. They oversee waste management services and may impose local landfill bans. The City of Ottawa does not allow for e-waste to be disposed of in its landfills.
DO YOU REMOVE INTERLOCK PATIOS?
DO I HAVE TO DISMANTLE THE DECK MYSELF BEFORE YOU HAUL IT AWAY?
WHEN SHOULD I REMOVE MY DECK?
WHAT PARTS OF THE DECK HAVE TO BE REMOVED?
- Deck boards
- Rail posts
- Joist hangers
Because decks are surprisingly complex, they can be quite tough and time consuming to take down. Because we know your time is valuable, Capital Junk is here to take down your deck and haul it away for you. Trust Ottawa’s leading deck removal service and schedule your deck tear down today!
DO YOU CLEAN UP YOUR MESS AFTER TEARING DOWN A DECK?
WHAT IS AN ESTATE CLEANOUT?
HOW CAN I MAKE MY ESTATE CLEANOUT EASIER?
There are a number of things that you can do to help make your estate cleanout easier.
- Find and save all important financial documents. Wills, trusts, and other related financial documents will be essential as you move forward with managing the estate of your loved one. Make sure to find them and set them aside.
- Take the time to look through everything.People often stash valuable saway in unlikely places such as deep in the closets, in the pocket of a piece of clothing, in the back of a drawer, etc. Make sure you take a good thorough look through everything to ensure nothing of value is thrown away.
- Work with family members on sharing items. It is helpful for family members to create a list of items they would like to have from the estate. Lists can work well, however sometimes there are conflicts and disagreements where outside mediators or legal professionals might be helpful.
- Find and keep pictures and memorabilia.Old pictures and memorabilia from the estate are irreplaceable and will preserve the memory of your loved ones for generations. These items create a link to family members who they may never have had a chance to meet them.
- Hire an estate appraiser.If the estate in question has a large amount of furniture, jewelry, or antiques it is a worthwhile choice to hire an estate appraiser. Appraisers will give you an estimate for each item, helping you understand the value of the items left behind.
- Get help cleaning out the rest of the items.Not only is cleaning out the estate of a loved one emotionally challenging and potentially distressing, it can also be physically challenging. At Capital Junk we are here to help you through these difficult times. Get the help you need with your estate cleanout and call Capital Junk today
WHO CAN ORGANIZE AN ESTATE CLEANOUT?
DO YOU DONATE OR RECYCLE ITEMS FROM ESTATE CLEANOUTS?
- Salvation Army
- Habitat for Humanity
- Ottawa Mission
- Ottawa Neighborhood Services
Don’t feel guilty about getting rid of items which are in good condition, we will do our best to ensure they have a fulfilling second life and end up in the hands of people who could really use them.”