Years of Hoarding? We Can Remove All the Junk!
If you have a home or property that has suffered from years of hoarding, you can only imagine what kind of cleanup lays ahead of you! For some it’s just too much, not even knowing where to begin. When it comes to Ottawa hoarding cleanups, Capital Junk is a trusted leader in the field of junk removal in Ottawa. From a garage, bedroom, basement or other area to the entire house – no hoarding cleanup is too big for us!
Our Ottawa junk removal crews are trained and well experienced in hoarding cleanups. We understand the sensitive nature of hoarding, which is recognized as a disorder where a person is compelled to hang onto every single item – and acquire more. Hoarding is dangerous due to the health, safety and fire hazards it poses. We’ll help you get rid of the hazard, the junk and the mess..
Capital Junk Gives You a Free, No-Obligation Estimate Before Any Junk Removal
Hover over the fractions to help picture what your estimated removal price is.
Our trucks are 12ft (L) x 8ft (W) x 6ft (H).
Ottawa De-Cluttering to Make Your Home Look New Again
Capital Junk will gladly talk with you regarding what needs to be done about the hoarding situation. We know you’ll need to speak with that family member and maybe even stage a hoarding intervention. When you’re ready for us to take on the job, we’ll be ready, willing and able to perform a thorough hoarding cleanup in Ottawa.
After providing a free, transparent estimate and booking an appointment, our friendly crew will arrive at your home and begin the herculean task of getting rid of those years’ worth of items. Experts in Ottawa junk removal, we’ll haul away anything and everything you want us to, leaving you with a clean sheet to move forward.
Our Customers Love Our Junk Removal Services
I have used Capital Junk twice in the last year and a half. Both times they were on time, professional and easy to work with. I called them Saturday in hopes for a Monday (Labor Day) pick up and was completely surprised they could do it!! I highly recommend their service and will definitely use them again in the future!
Fantastic Service . Guys showed up and did amazing job! . They were polite and professional. I would recommend to my friends in a heart beat. I shopped around for a while and overall they have the best prices per volume. Great company. They were really fast as well.
My case was a basement purge of 15 years of storage and neglect. This was a huge issue for me to the point I just could not deal with it so it kept accumulating. Finally decided it was time and cal and I was very glad I did .Amazing Companyu
I used Capital Junk on November 30, 2019. They were on time. The staff was gracious and hard working. It is easier to part with your stuff when they give some to charities has well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I start with hoarding cleanup?
After you have cleaned a bathroom, the next step is to move on to progressively larger rooms until the home or space is clean and safe to live in. At Capital Junk, we have significant experience cleaning up after even the most extreme hoarding situations and know it is not easy to do alone. Let us do the heavy lifting and help clean out your or your loved one’s home. Our caring and compassionate will help you or your family get on the path to recovery. Call us today.
When does hoarding become a safety issue?
As items pile up in a house, the hazards of hoarding increase and make living in a hoarder’s home dangerous. Hoarding becomes a safety issue as soon as an unreasonable amount of trash and items build up and make normal movement throughout the house difficult. The hazards of hoarding are:
- Falling. As items, clutter, and garbage pile up, it becomes increasingly likely that someone will fall over it. The clutter itself can also fall on the occupant, causing serious injuries and potentially a loss of independence, especially in older people.
- Fire Hazards.Hoarders often hold on to a large amount of flammable material (boxes, newspapers, flyers, etc). When a fire starts elsewhere in the house, these piles of flammable materials can turn into fire traps. The large amount of clutter also makes it difficult for the occupant to escape in the event of a fire.
- Hazardous living conditions.In a hoarder’s home, proper cleaning and maintenance becomes impossible. Dangerous problems such as mold can spread without the knowledge of the occupant, and the weight of all the clutter can cause dangerous structural damage. /li>
- Infestations.It is common for insects, rats, and other pests to live in and among the clutter in the homes of hoarders. They easily survive off of the rotting food and garbage, and have plenty of hiding spaces. Their urine, fecal matter, dander, fecal matter, and decay can build up and become airborne, making it a serious risk for the occupant.
Protect yourself or your loved ones from the hazards of hoarding. We have experience cleaning even the most extreme hoarding situations and can help. Call us today!
What is hoarding disorder?
How does hoarding begin?
- Difficulty throwing away, recycling, giving away, or selling items.
- Messes and clutter that makes moving around the house difficult
- Difficulty organizing and categorizing possessions
- Sleeping with a mess or items on the bed
- Piles of items which fall over
- Excessive shopping or collecting free unnecessary items.
- Inability to realize the seriousness of the issue
It is important to note that not every person with some symptoms of a hoarding disorder is a hoarder. If you or someone you love is affected by hoarding disorder, contact Capital Junk now. We can help clean even the most extreme hoarding situations.
What's the difference between hoarding and collecting?
One of the major differences between the two is that when collecting is healthy, the display or storage of the items being collected does not impede the use or access to living areas. Collections are organized and coherent. Often people will collect items such as action figures, currency, trading cars, vinyl records, etc. The items they accumulate are directly related to the collection and they are organized and stored in a safe manner. If a collector begins acquiring items which are not related to well-defined collections and lose the ability to keep them contained and organized, it becomes a hoarding problem. Collections are healthy and stimulating ways that people choose as pastimes, connecting them with something they are passionate about. Hoarding is a disorder which has a very strong negative impact on quality of life, often leading to them being cut off from the outside world. If you believe you or someone you love has had a collection turn into hoarding, call Capital Junk today. We can help you clean out the mess and begin the path towards recovery.
Contact Us Today!
15 Grenfell Crescent Unit 6Ottawa, ON, K2G 0G3
162 Guelph Street, Suite 225 Georgetown, ON L7G 5X7
427 Princess St #172, Kingston, ON K7L 5S9
23-500 Fairway Road South, Suite # 157
Kitchener, ON N2C 1X3